Synergy N5 Coming Soon
Designed with the help of top US 3D pilot, Matt Botos the N5 is latest 50-size helicopter to come from Synergy and follows in the footsteps of the successful N9 90-size model.
Synergy models are distributed in the UK by Climb-Out RC and we were lucky enough to get a first glimpse of a pre-production example of the N5 when we caught up with Climb-out’s Roger Hamilton at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in February.
There has been a bit of a delay in the delivery of the new model due to the sudden and sad passing of one of the main backers of Synergy, Stephen Fan in a motor racing accident back in January. Todd Bennett and Matt Botos have been busy since securing the future of the Synergy Helicopters business and are hoping to soon have full production examples of the new N5 machine ready for sale soon. When it does finally arrive the spec looks very impressive and it will include the following features:
- 120 degree push/pull control system w/ single axis bell crank shaft
- Main Gear Ratio – 8.5:1
- Tail Gear Ratio – 4.66:1
- Main Rotor Diameter: 1355mm (with 600mm main blades, will accept 620mm blades)
- Tail Rotor: 245mm
- Programmable rotorhead will suit pilots from beginner to competition
- Collective Pitch Range +/-14.5 Degrees
- Pinch style CNC fan hub for easy “no dial” installation
- Heavy duty tail hub design with dual radial AND thrust bearings on each tail blade grip
- 10mm hollow main shaft/8mm solid head axle
- 425cc fuel tank
- Designed with ease of maintenance and setup in mind
- Modular servo and radio trays allow for very clean radio installation
- Same sleek canopy as the N9, just smaller
Rotorworld wishes Tod, Matt and all those involved with Synergy the best of luck with the new model and will bring more news about it as and when available.