Time for a new transmitter? Then maybe you should consider JR’s awesome new XG14E. As the name suggests, this is a 14 channel, pro-level DMSS tray type set with a feature list to die for frankly! Details are below and the set will be available this month from JR/MacGregor stockists.
• JR’s newly developed DMSS system maintains highspeed servo response while allowing simultaneous use of telemetry functions.
• The high-speed telemetry function allows information from the aircraft (that was previously unknown to the user) to be monitored on the transmitter. In addition, alarms with unique sounds alert the user to the situation on the aircraft without even looking at the screen.
• The telemetry sensor connection employs a bus system that does not require a relay box, allowing sensor extensions and additions to be easily carried out. It is acceptable to merely connect the necessary sensors in parallel.
• A new-generation long-life Li-Fe battery is used which contributes to a large reduction in transmitter weight. The charging control circuit is built into the transmitter.
• Using an automatic safety system, the receiver will not operate if the correct model has not been selected in the transmitter before flight.
• The transmitter has an easy to read backlit LCD display and input keys that are intuitive and easy to use.
• An E-ring function is incorporated allowing easy limitation of the operation range of the CCPM swash plate servos.
• A Trim Input function can allocate trim levers to change numerical values of various functions (such as program mix values) during flight.
• A new function synchronizes the operation of servos on multiple flight control surfaces in real time. This completely eliminates the time lag where fast control inputs are required.
• A SD card slot is provided which enables saving of aircraft model data and updating of transmitter software to be easily carried out, without connecting the transmitter to a PC.
• An auto-display function allows digital trim operation to be preferentially displayed on the screen.
• When inputting numerical values, simultaneously pressing the function key allows the value to be changed at a ten-times faster speed.
• A servo speed function is incorporated for all channels, and it allows adjustment to be carried out in each operation direction.
• The 30-aircraft model memory can be utilized for storing helicopter, airplane, and glider models.
• A Trainer function is incorporated, which also allows training to be carried out individually for each stick channel.
• The throttle curve, pitch curve, and curve mixing use a multiple point adjusting method, and you can activate an optional exponential curve function that further smoothes the curves.
• Six systems of multi-function program mixing are available.
• A Touch Select function is incorporated, which enables automatic switch selection for programmed functions. This selection is easily carried out.
• A ‘My List’ screen is provided that enables display & simple calling up of only functions the user has selected.
• The stick units have been mounted at a slight angle so that they can be easily operated in all operating range extremes.
True 14 channels
While other large channel systems only offer 10 or less “non-shared” channels and achieve the additional channels through “sharing” (splitting update rates between channels to expand) or expansion, JR’s XG14E is a true “non-shared”, full 14 channel system.
JR’s Finest Gimbals Ever
Based on our Premium Gimbals found only in the Flagship 12X Professional systems, our new CNC Machined Premium Aluminum Gimbal Base provides the ultimate in precision feel, with no flexing during quick and full stick extremes as found with standard plastic gimbals. JR’s new Premium Gimbals with CNC Base will truly have you “feeling the difference”.
JR’s New X Bus Digital Serial Data System
The New XG14E is also JR’s first system to offer the new JR X Bus digital serial data communication technology. When purchased with the new JR RG731BX X Bus Receiver, the XG14E is capable of connection of up to 4 servos per channel via the X Bus serial connector. When using the XG14E X Bus feature, this allows for connection of up to 56 Servos (4 x 14ch) via special JR X Bus servo harness (available separately). For connection of conventional (non X Bus) servos, a special conventional servo harness converter is also available.
JR World Championship Winning Dual Modulation DMSS for the ultimate 2.4 RF Link
JR’s exclusive DMSS (Dual Modulation Spectrum System) 2.4GHz RF protocol offers a secure and reliable RF link that combines DSSS and FHSS capabilities into a wideband transmission system. This DMSS exclusive combination results in not only high-speed response, but also high resistance to RF Interference for unmatched reliability.
JR’s DMSS 2.4 also features a patented JR “Intelligent Output System” (IOS), which automatically selects control signals/channel priority for channels that need to be transmitted at exactly the same time, and delivers this data as one complete signal frame. JR’s unique IOS ensures there is no time delay/latency for channels used for control surfaces such as a CCPM swashplate on a helicopter, or multiple servo control surface setups in large aircraft.
Another exclusive JR DMSS feature is its dual stream, bi-directional Telemetry communication system.
JR DMSS transmits all Telemetry information through a separate RF stream, rather than through the primary channel stream so as not to reduce or share update rates with critical control channels as is common practice with most all 2.4GHz protocols.
Receiver voltage telemetry is built in as standard in every DMSS receiver, and add-on sensors will give you real time feedback of information from your model, such as the RPM of an aircraft propeller or helicopter rotor blades, temperature and altimeter readings.